Dear members of SOURDOMICS, COST Action 18101:
We are pleased to Open a Call until the end of the 4th Grant Period (GP4, from 2022-11-01 to 2023-10-09) for candidatures to support Article Processing Charges (APC’s) in Open Access Peer-Reviewed Scientific Publications. In the approved Work and Budget Plan (WBP) for GP4 was foreseen 50 000.00 € to support APC’s. It is expected that this total budget will give rise to approximately 16-25 peer-reviewed publications. In addition, we strongly recommend that authors always ask simultaneously journals for discounts.
How to apply to the support of APC’s in open access publications and expected process description?
- Verify if the conditions of eligibility are fulfilled, according to the Annotated Rules for COST Actions, and particularly the ANNEX 3 – Dissemination and Communication Products.
- Fill the application form (Annex below/attached).
- Submit your application via email to the Science Communication Manager
- Prof. Elena Velickova, Science Communication Manager (SCM): email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SCM together with the Dissemination, Communication and Exploitation Board Coordinators (DCEBC, https://sourdomics.com/en/dissemination-communication) and the Chairs will verify the eligibility of the application and inform the candidate if the publication may be potentially supported by SOURDOMICS. This decision is not binding, that is, it does not represent any commitment or guarantee of a positive final decision. The support for the APC’s can only be taken after the publication is accepted by the peer-reviewed journal. It will depend in factors such as: if the publication still fulfills the eligibility conditions; if the budget still available at the time of application of the peer-reviewed article already accepted for publication; and taking into account the “Recommendations” given in the abovementioned ANNEX 3 – Dissemination and Communication Products.
- The Action Chair submits the request for the APC’s to be funded and upon approval by the COST Association, the Grant Holder (ICETA, https://sourdomics.com/en/our-members/cost-officers-and-gh-representatives) will process to the payment. For claiming the expense, an invoice and a proof of delivery (the publication in electronic format and DOI) need to be provided to the Management/Administration Representative, Dr. Joana Cerqueira (email@example.com) and the Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please check “2.2. Process description” in the abovementioned ANNEX 3. The invoice must be addressed without fail to the Grant Holder of SOURDOMICS as follows:
ICETA – Instituto de Ciências, Tecnologias e Agroambiente da Universidade do Porto
Praça Gomes Teixeira, Apartado 55142
4051-401 PORTO, PORTUGAL
- Acknowledge COST as a funding source in any reproducible item financed with this budget is mandatory. The acknowledgement shall follow the COST guidelines on visual identity. Mandatory standard text for acknowledgement of COST Action SOURDOMICS can be found in the attached email in PDF. Before publishing, please ensure COST visual identity is adequately acknowledged.
João Rocha, Chair
Elena Bartkiene, Vice-Chair